Steering wheel-help me pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Your the one living with it make sure it floats your boat - I personally like the stock sport wheels. Rodger1 I do like yours!

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
with the aftermarket wheels did any of you have to make any mods or buy any adapters for the horn?
The Momo wheel that I bought came with a simple spade connector that attaches to the original horn location. I did not have to make any mods. (My son also has a Momo wheel in his 73 Camaro -- no mod required).

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I also like the 2nd Momo wheel with the slotted spokes. It reminds me of the '70's OEM sport wheel.
I agree that it would look good with the Olds emblem in the center. That would be my choice.,

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
Look what I found, and bought. It's only fair/good condition in my opinion, and it's brown. I would prefer black. Picture is fresh off 1984 Toronado, 0 cleanup. Entertaining offers if anyone needs a brown driver quality Toro wheel.
IMG_0139.JPG

Reactions: 3 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Going into an Oldsmobile, that Tornado sport wheel would be my choice...providing the price was realistic, of course. ;)

• Agree

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
Look what I found, and bought. It's only fair/good condition in my opinion, and it's brown. I would prefer black. Picture is fresh off 1984 Toronado, 0 cleanup. Entertaining offers if anyone needs a brown driver quality Toro wheel.
View attachment 101599

Just buy some black duplicolor vinyl paint available at Autozone or Advance, or SEM at a automotive paint supply, and spray a number of coats on it and then wetsand it. Repeat that until you're ready for a finish coat. It'll look like new. You can also purchase some leather filler on ebay if there are any scratches or gouges you need to fill.

• Agree

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
Here my "new" roundy thing with a couple of coats of gloss black Duplicolor fabric and vinyl coating. Thinking a satin finish would look better, but Advance Auto only had gloss and flat IMG_0149.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
Hey looks good! No worries, you can do it over anytime if you want to go semi-gloss or maybe change the color. I find the black semi-gloss duplicolor is a little on the shiny side, also. Unfortunately, they don't have dead flat. After a while, the wheel gets a little glossy, whatever you use, because of constantly being touched and handled.

Here's a (Reatta) wheel in silver duplicolor:

Attachments

• T INT2.JPG
    T INT2.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor