Step by step-How to convert a Cutlass to a Regal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crossbreed

Greasemonkey
Sep 16, 2009
STEP 1- DON'T DO IT!!! Holy crap this was a pain in the @ss. Nothing lined up. Thought maybe I could keep the Cutlass inner fenders.... wrong. Hood off, outer fenders off, inner fenders off, lose some blood. Core supports are completely different. Change core support. Bumper off. Try getting fender bolts off without removing doors... not fun. The only part of the Cutlass that I was able to reuse was the hood latch.
And when I finally got it all done and back together (roughly 15 hours later), I started her up and she decided to hemorhage transmission fluid all over the driveway. Yeah... apparently I cracked the two lines going to the side of the radiator when I was removing the core support. But it's done. I still am going to section the fenders using the wheelwell openings from the Cutlass so front and back match. I still have the entire interior to swap, so I hope changing the dash is just as easy as the front clip. :rofl: There's still a whole lot left to do. I've still got a motor to yank and put in it's place, find a transmission, rearend, etc.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
your not gonna do anything about the difference in the fender around the wheel? do the body lines line up?

Crossbreed

Greasemonkey
Sep 16, 2009
3XBrownCutty said:
your not gonna do anything about the difference in the fender around the wheel? do the body lines line up?

VicRegal said:
I still am going to section the fenders using the wheelwell openings from the Cutlass so front and back match.
Body lines match since the doors are interchangeable. Everything from the doors back though is different. The lines along the tops of the quarterpanels are different (Regal=curved, Cutlass=flat), so I can't swap the rear decklid, and the mounts for the tailights are completely differnt too.

bowtietillidie85SS

Greasemonkey
Mar 26, 2010
Jackson Ms
Ok so i have a couple questions, just out of curiousity, A. Why the conversion? B. if you want a regal, wouldnt it be easier to of sold the cutlass and found a regal? Seems like alot of work to me.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
the title of the thread should be....Step by step why you don't want to convert a Cutlass to a Regal

georgeathtx

Apprentice
Apr 1, 2010
Houston, TX
idk....seems like a lil too much work to me to have a cutlass that looks like any other regal...unless ur tryn to do somethin a lil different...idk...im a lil confused

pimplogic

Master Mechanic
Dec 25, 2009
why the hell would you take a perfectly good cutlass and turn it into a regal?
FAIL

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor