HELP Stereo Mounting Stud? Where to acquire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogue_ryder

Master Mechanic
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
So I'm in the process of returning my 1985 4-4-2 to the stock stereo (or as close to as I can get). I pulled out an ancient Kenwood CD deck that no longer worked and want to put in a Delco unit from the 1980s. There's a bunch on eBay but I've noticed none have the Mounting Stud on the back. From what I remember usually it's a off white plastic nipple that threads into the back of the stereo. The Metra Kit had one molded into it to mount the Kenwood.

What's the proper term for these? Anyone got a Part number? Know where I can order one from?

TIA!

Here's an example I found online:
DSC01251.jpg

Back in the 90s I remember everyone tossing those Delco 2-Din radios for Alpines/Clarion/Kenwood decks and shelling out big bucks for them and several hundred more for the Clifford Alarms; and here I am tossing all that junk in the garbage to go back to stock!!!

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
none of newer radios have them anymore. I ordered a stud with rubber cap from pioneer. ill look for part# when i get home today

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I have a stock 8 track player.

Reactions: 1 user

rogue_ryder

Master Mechanic
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
A big thanks to Flemming442, I was able to get my Stereo installed and have that classic 1985 look again:
a49f7218c8c0770929e1505987101838.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor