STICK CONVERSION KITS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Compton

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2010
Sometime ago I read a post about a guy that was putting together a kit to convert to stick transmissions in a G-Body. I believe he was in the Northwest, maybe Seattle area. Does anyone know about this?

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
I got a kit for the pedals and bell crank. The rest I put together. The crossmember and driveshaft were the same. I put a Muncie in, bell housing pretty easy as was the flywheel and clutch assm. Couple options on the throwout bearing pivot. Been a couple of years and no issues. Way more fun to drive. Some guys are using a camaro hydraulic set up

Reactions: 4 users

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
There's a company in the States called Three Pedals. They make a hydraulic clutch kit. Its big $$$$$$ though. There used to be a company in I think Chicago called The Parts Place. I believe they did carry mechanical clutch parts.

Reactions: 1 users

michmalibuman

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2017
20190622_151628.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

pontiac guy

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2016
Royse City, TX
4 Speed Conversions in Ohio. Russ has everything all bundled up. Lots of applications. Only factory applications

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

Bruce Compton

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2010
Thanks for all the help. Looks like it is a project that alot of people do.

Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
It comes down to power and how far from factory do you want to go. Muncie units can handle decent power, but no overdrive. Forum member Driven hinted at offering a couple of A833s, basically a 3-speed with overdrive. T5s can be had and are a fairly easy swap, but it's hard to find the stronger V8 Fbody units these days. Tremec TKO or T56/T6060 may be your best options if you go beyond a mild 350.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor