Still Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldscarnut

Greasemonkey
May 10, 2017
NW Washington State
Still no engine firing but I continue to investigate systems to determine why. After I can drive it, it still needs an exhaust system, headliner installed, bucket seats in to replace the bench, and the console. This month I had new tires put on the front and a new master cylinder so if and when I get it to go, it will always stop...not just slow. I put a gear reduction starter in to replace the rebuilt starter that was "drawing too many amps". It is weeks away from being towed in as it is with the instructions, "Get it started!" I am down to thinking I have the cam in wrong somehow. Before it goes I'm going to get the valve covers off again and see which valves are open... when. I may borrow a compression tester too. Never have I had so much fun doing and redoing the entire last 18 months of work, sometimes for the third time, with no result.

Attachments

• 101_2818.JPG
    101_2818.JPG
    249.5 KB · Views: 126
  • 101_2819.JPG
    101_2819.JPG
    334.9 KB · Views: 131
  • 101_2822.JPG
    101_2822.JPG
    292.5 KB · Views: 126
  • 101_2824.JPG
    101_2824.JPG
    357.2 KB · Views: 115
  • 101_2826.JPG
    101_2826.JPG
    329.6 KB · Views: 140
  • 101_2828.JPG
    101_2828.JPG
    252.8 KB · Views: 126
Reactions: 3 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Still no engine firing but I continue to investigate systems to determine why. After I can drive it, it still needs an exhaust system, headliner installed, bucket seats in to replace the bench, and the console. This month I had new tires put on the front and a new master cylinder so if and when I get it to go, it will always stop...not just slow. I put a gear reduction starter in to replace the rebuilt starter that was "drawing too many amps". It is weeks away from being towed in as it is with the instructions, "Get it started!" I am down to thinking I have the cam in wrong somehow. Before it goes I'm going to get the valve covers off again and see which valves are open... when. I may borrow a compression tester too. Never have I had so much fun doing and redoing the entire last 18 months of work, sometimes for the third time, with no result.
Looks great. Hope you find it soon! I'd suggest going totally back to basics and take nothing for granted. Verifying the timing of the valve train is a good place to start. A compression test is a good idea. Spark, fuel, firing order....

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor