Stock 2bbl to 4bbl intake & Holley ~What I learned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Low_Bridge

Apprentice
Jan 22, 2014
Backwoods
What to look for-

Mainly concerned if all the electrical stuff unplugged when the intake & carb was pulled.

Is it wishful thinking that just plugging the original distributor back in & she'll fire away?

This is the daily Driver

4.4 Malibu Classic Full Power

Mission:

Remove sick stock 2bbl carb & intake

Replace with Wieand Action Plus Dual Plane square flange & Small Holley

Thanks for the help!

Before Picture Now Attached

Attachments

• DSC09363.JPG
    DSC09363.JPG
    917.1 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:

Judge Mills

Greasemonkey
Aug 27, 2014
Washington State
I just swapped a vacuum advance distributor for the stock on in my 81' El Cam with a 305 last night and it runs great. I bought it with a Holley carb already on it.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the 4.4L. I'd assume it'd run without, but I can't confirm.

Low_Bridge

Apprentice
Jan 22, 2014
Backwoods
Manifold is on

Being a daily Driver the air is in Tact

I did not test fit the Engine lift bracket that also bolts to the back of the a/c compressor

Had to grind for clearance due to larger manifold boss.

NEXT Concern:

Original Throttle Bracket did not seem to match new manifold bosses

Low_Bridge

Apprentice
Jan 22, 2014
Backwoods
  1. Stock Manifold heat shield did not Like Studs for Valve covers & using gasket
  2. Boss for alternator bracket on front of manifold (Wieand Action Plus Dual Plane square flange) did not line up. Grinding elongating hole required.

Low_Bridge

Apprentice
Jan 22, 2014
Backwoods
So once I plugged in those solenoid lookin things I had hoped to eliminate in the wiring harness, she fired right up & purred like again.

Found a throttle bracket layn round that worked better than the stock

A little more tidying up with the throttle linkage et al & a road test it is.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Way to go! That's how I learned this stuff 30 years ago.

I have a rebuilt 6.2 diesel and complete Banks turbo kit in a box. Have not figured out what to do with them yet.

Low_Bridge

Apprentice
Jan 22, 2014
Backwoods
I started with a 69 Camaro in 1975 in the Garage of my aunt at the Jersey Shore in the middle of the winter.

It's retro-ing these later rigs & figuring out what I can eliminate without hacking into the wiring harness:confused: is the mystery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor