Stock equivalent shocks and springs ?

houston_t

Apprentice
Nov 15, 2016
Metro Detroit
What would be the correct brands and part #s to go with to get a 83 cutlass 2door v6 with ac back to stock ride height and ride quality ?

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Seems like a rather flaccid plan.

flaccid GIF

At a minimum go for an F41 inspired solution.

• Haha
Reactions: fleming442

houston_t

Apprentice
Nov 15, 2016
Metro Detroit
How so ? Just trying to figure out what springs get me back to factory ride height. No need for anything performance oriented its just a v6, if i decide to LS swap in the future ill go coilovers. But for now its just a cruiser and my GN handles my need for speed .

ck80

Royal Smart Person
Feb 18, 2014
I'm sure the guys at rock auto, advance auto parts, Napa, autozone, etc etc etc could help you out.

Have you tried looking at all?

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
KYB gas adjust shocks are about as cheap as I'd go before you end up with total garbage. They are still pretty floaty.

Reactions: houston_t

houston_t

Apprentice
Nov 15, 2016
Metro Detroit
I'm sure the guys at rock auto, advance auto parts, Napa, autozone, etc etc etc could help you out.

Have you tried looking at all?
I checked rock auto and they only showed a name brand for the rear. It was either moog or ac deco the rest I didn’t recognize. Either way I know there are several options for our cars I’m looking for as close to stocks specs as possible If possible

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Moog 5664s up front, 5610s out back, and a set of KYB Gas-A-Justs. All available from Amazon, RA, and Summit.

Reactions: JAMCAR223

houston_t

Apprentice
Nov 15, 2016
Metro Detroit
Thanks for the help.

Reactions: JAMCAR223