Stock tip of the day- Target Stores could be a buy and hold

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Warren does the whole buffet. Jimmy just does cheezburgers...in Paradise. Medium-rare (with mustard'd be nice). Kinda like Heaven on earth, you know. Oh, and with an onion slice. :)
you forgot the Heinz 57 ! and the big kosher pickle! you're not a real parrothead! :wtf:

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Hey, all I can say is I made some Target $$ today. Plus side at $6.20/share (+3.97%). Lost track of time and jumped in at -10.10 when I should have got in at the underside of -11. Oh well.

They see me rollin', they hatin'.

thumbnail

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
you forgot the Heinz 57 ! and the big kosher pickle! you're not a real parrothead! :wtf:
...and the frenchfried patatas...and don't forget the cold draft beer.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
There are 5 basic rules for finance.

1. Money has a time value. A dollar now is worth more than a dollar in the future.

2. Cash flows are the source of value.

3. There is a risk / reward trade off. You can't increase one without also increasing the other. Low risk = low reward, high reward = high risk.

4. The stock market responds to information. Basically its difficult for anybody to outsmart the stock market without cheating somehow like insider trading.

5. People respond to incentives.

CAPM is helpful too.

Last edited:

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
For younger Forum members, Built6SpdMCSS offers good advice. Early in your working life, when your salary and tax bracket are both low, get a Roth IRA or choose the Roth option if your 401k has that option. Stuff it with those after tax dollars as you can. Consider low-cost index funds. Pour it in and don't watch the markets. The dollars with the longest time served multiply the most over time even if you have few to commit right now. You may have more to commit later, but they'll have less time to multiply. And you'll never pay taxes on Roth net capital gains. Plus, your Roth IRA can be willed to your kids, again tax free. Do your own investment research, but Roths are a good option early on. When you retire, and need to make a large purchase, you can use some of those long-cooking tax-immune assets to buy what you need without bumping up your taxable income, so you give less of your principal to Uncle Sam.

That's exactly why I did it, I knew what a ROTH was and was at the time I could open it and start pumping money into it. I max it out for my age, I've had it since I was 36. My company doesn't have a ROTH 401K option so I load up the ROTH IRA.

That and paying down my house as fast as I can at the moment is the best moves I can make with how things are.

I've never been married so that may have been the best financial investment I've ever made.🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
That's exactly why I did it, I knew what a ROTH was and was at the time I could open it and start pumping money into it. I max it out for my age, I've had it since I was 36. My company doesn't have a ROTH 401K option so I load up the ROTH IRA.

That and paying down my house as fast as I can at the moment is the best moves I can make with how things are.

I've never been married so that may have been the best financial investment I've ever made.🤣
A vasectomy is a good insurance policy too.

• Haha

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor