STOLEN!!!! 1985 pontiac grand prix le

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeggieGbody

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2010
tennessee
got sorta good and bad news. police called yesterday and said they still havent found it but they still searching. and they told my dad "to be honest and not to hurt your feelings i doubt you will see your car again." i give him props for being truthful.

my friend from work said he seen a car just like mine dk blue and blackish vynil top and the door looked like its been painted black by spray can. i asked him about the tail light he said he didnt see them he was going opposite direction. if it was an 85 taillight then it was it. i asked him who was driving it he said a black guy. thats all he saw. :(

HurstOlds

Master Mechanic
Sep 21, 2007
Illinois
I really wouldn't count on seeing your car again. I would just chalk it up to a lesson learned. Next G Body you get, make sure you get it insured, so you'll at least get replacement cost. Did you have full replacement insurance, or just liability?

Probably the worst part about the whole situation was them calling you, and NOT telling you they found the car. That had to made your heart skip a beat. I had the same thing happen, after a year of my car missing, the cops finally called. They were just calling to ask ME if I found the car!??! :wtf:

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
I hate to say it but I highly doubt anyone is actively searching for the car unless you live in a BFE town where there's nothing else happening. You'll get notification if it's found somewhere in pieces/stripped/burned, if it's found during a traffic stop or if it somehow gets reported/found as an abandoned vehicle.

When my brother's '85 Regal was stolen he was the one to find the car. The guy that stole it made it his daily driver and only lived about 6 blocks away! Yep, parked right on the street like he owned the damn thing too.

That 4 door guy

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2010
937 Dayton, Ohio
have you heard anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor