Stolen 85 Cutlass Wichita Kansas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poubelle

n00b
Jan 25, 2014
Early in the morning, January 25, 2014, someone came up my long driveway, well-lit with security lights from 3 directions and drove off in my 1985 Cutlass Supreme Brougham. Looks like the guy slim jimmed the door or broke the handle and then must have done in the column to get the engine going. He left footprints all around (we have a gravel and sand driveway) so I was able to trace his path up to the car. Sad as all this is (and we do hope it was just some clown who wanted a joyride for the weekend and will dump it on the street somewhere), the really sad part is that my wife and I bought the car new in Hollywood, California. This fall will be the 30th anniversary of buying it. <sigh> It had 470,000 on the chassis, about 30K on the most recent engine rebuild. New whitewall tires. Wire caps. New battery (bought last week). Original interior. Recently tuned. However, the paint looked like it had been weathering out in the desert and the vinyl top was about as bad as it could be and still be called a top. Nevertheless, it is a member of the family! We take an 800-mile round-trip drive to Texas in it every month. Today I drove around for a few hours talking with tire and body shops and local mechanics to let them know it was stolen. The car is a fixture in the neighborhood and everyone knows it well....we've been in our house for 25 years. I don't have a picture to post but y'all know what an 85 looks like; this one is stock to the max. Color is medium gray (used to have a bit of metallic to it but that's gone; let's just call it faded gray). Gray top. Kansas tag number is 116 CUB. If it would help I could get the VIN on later, if that's a secure thing to do on-line. In any case, I've followed this site for quite some time and bought some nice used parts off it a few years back. But I count as a newbie because I registered fresh tonight. Thanks to all you great G-body buds for reading this appeal. We want our baby back!

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
That sucks man! I really hope you get it back in one piece. There must be a genetic disorder in people that steal cars...makes me sick :(

rangertom

Greasemonkey
Sep 2, 2012
Independence, MO
Sorry to hear about your G, I live in Kansas City and travel that way often for work so i'll keep my eyes open for it. I just don't get thieves, it feels so much better to earn something for yourself rather than steal !

BPTTONE420012

G-Body Guru
Jan 20, 2014
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CT
THAT SUCKS... I HATE HEARING STUFF LIKE THIS... i live in BRIDGEPORT CT, im sure you have heard of it... not exactly the nicest place in the world... well, i dont have an alarm, i did install a killswitch, but i also added a sticker of "NOTHING IN THIS CAR IS WORTH YOUR LIFE"... that coupled with the fact that i routinely walk outside with guns in a shoulder holster and clean my rifles on my front porch... people think twice when they know there is a LARGE CHANCE OF GETTING SHOT... i also leave my doors unlocked, i figure if they want my stereo, go ahead n take it, just dont break my window... all that said, i have lived in this house for a long time, grew up here, and i was a punk kid, fights, drugs, etc, so the cops would show up weekly, and i kinda made a name for myself, so people dont mess with sh*t in my neighborhood... i had moved for a year, and when i moved back, i didnt get in until late, and didnt have a lock for the uhaul, the girl i was with at the time was scared someone was going to break into it... so i took a piece of paper, wrote "TONE'S DONT EVEN ****IN THINK ABOUT IT" and stuck one to the drivers window, and one to the back door... about a week later, this kid "wiley" saw me at the gas station, came over said good to see you back, i almost hit that truck then seen it was yours... BUT, ENOUGH OF MY RAMBLINGS... KEEP THE FORUM UPDATED... im sure at the very least the column is popped, possibly the door as well, but HOPEFULLY thats it... WISHING THE BEST FOR YOU AND YOURS

King_V

Master Mechanic
Jul 17, 2013
Sicklerville, NJ
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Ugh, I can't even begin to say how much this sort of thing pisses me off....... I've never experienced it, but even hearing about it through a forum like this sets my blood boiling, and I am NOT a guy known for having a temper or anything.

I am really REALLY sorry to hear this, but glad your car is known to the community - and hope it comes back to you soon and whole!

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
I live on the northeast side of Wichita, I will keep an eye out for it bud. Hope you get her back...

pgamedog

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 24, 2009
Man that sucks! I will keep my ears open. I stay on North side also. Seen your post on CL. Goodluck

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor