Status
Not open for further replies.

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
tc1959 said:
Mathematic said:
wow. first time hearing about that thing...very impressive..
All you need is a spare key and poof it's gone. We installed those at the dealership,on every car on the lot. they cost about $40 and we charged $500 to the sucker/ customer.
Everybody just carried a key plug in their pocket so we could start any car on the lot.
If the customer didn't want it we just put a key plug in it and let it go.The customer would never know he had it unless he got under the dash. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
No two plugs are the same unless they are for a dealership then they can make them all the same to make it easier for the dealership

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
84GP455 said:
tc1959 said:
Mathematic said:
All you need is a spare key and poof it's gone. We installed those at the dealership,on every car on the lot. they cost about $40 and we charged $500 to the sucker/ customer.
Everybody just carried a key plug in their pocket so we could start any car on the lot.
If the customer didn't want it we just put a key plug in it and let it go.The customer would never know he had it unless he got under the dash. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
No two plugs are the same unless they are for a dealership then they can make them all the same to make it easier for the dealership
They are all the same,sorry. Think about it it would cost a fortune to manifacture a different plug for every one. Also they only have so many pins.

jetsetw31

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2010
Petersburg, VA
Being from NYC, I've learned that if a thief wants your car bad enough he will get it. Having one car stolen from me (tow truck method) confirmed this. You could use the "Burglar Protected" method from the James Bond movie For Your Eyes Only but, blowing up the thief and your car is a little extreme.
There are basically Theft Deterrent devices and Anti Theft devices. I have both on my Cutlass and my car is from NY. The most effective deterrent is loud and highly visual. Most of these alarms have the same sirens that most people ignore. The system is decent but, the siren is cheap and common. By upgrading the siren to a very loud ear piercing one is the most effective way to deter.
The Ravelco is one of the best anti theft devices on the market because it takes too much time to defeat it. I read were a thief was shot trying to defeat a Ravelco. What that thief did not know was the car had silent alarm on the car and alerted the owner to the thief's presence. That only works when it's on your property and you can claim he looked like he had a gun. A tough sell to say the least. Alternative is to beat their *ss. You still risk facing charges. Just be aware of that if you go silent.
Combining the two methods separately is the best way though. Nothing is full proof but, this is your best option.
T

Brother Al

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2010
Westfield, Mass
Wow, that really sucks! Sorry to hear it. Fkn thieves! A guy I knew on another forum had his GNX stolen out of a secured garage on Long Island... car had a few thousand on the clock and he drove it very sparingly... went down to his garage for its monthly wake up and it was gone... no signs of forced entry... just disappeared completely and no idea how long... could have been the same night of his last start up or anytime in between. The only thing he, the police, & his insurance can figure is that they must've beat the key code pad somehow and triggered the door to unlock. Car likely got shipped from NJ to someplace overseas. He had a war with the insurance to get proper compensation. If professional theives want it... kiss it goodbye.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
tc1959 said:
Mathematic said:

and if you don't have a spare key a rollback works

gmparts

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2013
Even if there are cars blocking you in, gojacks work well and so does a rollback and a snatch block. That sucks it was stolen hope they find it.

BPTTONE420012

G-Body Guru
Jan 20, 2014
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CT
i live just outside the ghetto... young kids smash windows and steal stereos... i leave my doors unlocked, rather lose a $50 headunit, and keep my window, hell, i usually leave my key inside the car as well... rather them try n start it with the key and fail, then pop my column...a couple of kill switches, one in dash labeled "kill", another under the hood, and another in an UNDISCLOSED location, and most days when i know i am done driving for the day i disconnect the positive terminal on the battery.... and if they do get her started somehow, they wont be able to shift her outta park... no center console, and shifter boot is loose so i can get inside the boot, and its rigged to not shift out of park without the removal of a 2x4 nail... lol... but, most people know, many guns live at my house, so they dont mess with my stuff... a dozen years ago they stole the stereo system out of my brothers car, i ran outside with a 12 gauge pump and let off 4 rounds into the air as they were running away... kid dropped the bass tube and amp, but the other kid made off with the headunit... havent had problems since then... my speaker boxes edges are lined with razor blades, so if someone doesnt know and tries to reach in and pick up the box they will slice their fingers off... and even with all the precautions, i know, if someone wants her bad enough, they will figure a way to get her... also have an old prepaid cell that everytime i added minutes to it would add 90 days of service, so its hooked up till march of 2017, lol, i added a tracker app to it so i can go online and see where it is, and thats under the backseat, with the charger wire barely sticking out and every day while i am at work i leave it plugged in so its always charged... had an old delta 88 that was stolen about 15 years ago while i was up at an ex gf house n just taken for a joy ride, broke my window, popped my column, just to drive around... people suck... lol... so i am trying everything in my power to not have another car stolen...

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
That really sucks. Just posting on forums like this puts you at risk. As stated, if a thief wants your car bad enough they will get it and having proper insurance is key. I use some "interesting" countermeasures but probably the most effective is to keep the cars at an offsite location that no one knows about and cannot be traced back to me.

thepcsurgeon

Master Mechanic
Oct 10, 2013
Orange County, NY
I did not read this thread completely so if someone already posted this solution, sorry for the redundancy. I hope they make an x wife deterent version. Looks cheaper than an order of protection.

http://youtu.be/l8oPVVGYQ40

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MetroRob

Greasemonkey
Jan 14, 2014
84GP455 said:
Veltboy618 said:
84GP455 said:
Not necessarily so, as the thieves can buy a gps blocker online for $30 bucks! Just turn it on and it will block the gps signal from going out. That's why i am going to get this http://www.ravelco.com/ installed in my car very soon!
Tow truck....GONE!
Not if there are two cars parked behind mine!

3 tow trucks and about 4 minutes :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor