Stolen on the Power Tour UPDATED AGAIN !! 8/3

Status
Not open for further replies.

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
I hate this, It almost takes away from the event. Guys probably dont want to leave their really expensive cars overnight anymore. All of those cars a whole lot of work and pride went into it and all because some cheap skate wants it for free.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
bulshit!! i was in hull mass taking home first place.many witnesses on hand complaining about being blinded View attachment 115424

Cool deal!

That wagon looks like it could be cool....except for the WTF is that in the pass seat. I do not understand people that put that crap in their cars at shows..

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
yeah i don't get it either.that country squire was all there too,some primer but all there.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
I wouldn't ground it; just opening the circuit is enough. A starter kill can be done with a standard 5 pin relay fairly easily- the trick is hiding it and the trigger.

My thoughts are grounding the tach through an idiot light to let you know and less stress on ignition

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
1560509735738.png

Put one of these on the starter wire and one on the ignition with a single or 2 independent triggers. The trigger switches only have to supply a light ground to trip the relay(s) (orange lead in the diagram). One of the slickest ideas I saw was to use the lighter as the key. Lighter in- car starts, lighter out (or removed)- no start. Just use the center pin on the back of the socket as the switched output to the relay. Of course, this disables the socket as a power port (or actual lighter), but that can be restored during 'run' with yet another relay.

Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
If I were local, I'd be all for getting a little mob together to find the pieces of trash. Hopefully they were able to find someone down there who knows the territory

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
View attachment 115714
Put one of these on the starter wire and one on the ignition with a single or 2 independent triggers. The trigger switches only have to supply a light ground to trip the relay(s) (orange lead in the diagram). One of the slickest ideas I saw was to use the lighter as the key. Lighter in- car starts, lighter out (or removed)- no start. Just use the center pin on the back of the socket as the switched output to the relay. Of course, this disables the socket as a power port (or actual lighter), but that can be restored during 'run' with yet another relay.
Very simple really...it's so easy a caveman can do it. This is how I see auto electrical stuff... :eek:
20151129_164147.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
When I go on vacation I take the rotor or module out of my distributor with me to prevent theft if I was there ied take the rotor out and disable my in tank pump

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
When I go on vacation I take the rotor or module out of my distributor with me to prevent theft if I was there ied take the rotor out and disable my in tank pump
Easier than that- just unplug the distributor. The only problem is that the plugs are usually brittle, and the tangs break off.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor