Stolen on the Power Tour UPDATED AGAIN !! 8/3

Status
Not open for further replies.

83beater

Greasemonkey
Jan 31, 2019
I was just reading about the stolen G body's on the Power Tour. It really pisses me off. I hate thieves. Some little kid tried to seal my El Camino about 20 years ago. He broke out the left quarter glass and had cracked open the column in less than 2 minutes. I managed to catch him with some help of two guys that had just parked next to me at Target. After that I installed a hidden kill switch. When I redid the car last time I installed a Steadfast Collar on the column. and I also use a club with the wheels turned all the way to the left. I'm not saying it will stop the car from ever being stolen, but it will sure slow them down. View attachment 115438 View attachment 115439
I was looking for this and cant find it!..I hadvto get the loc it one..I like this one better .due to it being slimmer

Pronto-

Apprentice
Dec 4, 2014
I know people that sleep in their cars and they are armed to the teeth, others have massive scary dogs. Either way thieves suck.

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Thieves suck, but buyers of stolen cars/parts/stuff suck even worse.

You'd think that in the internet age, there would be less market for obviously unique cars that are complete. Yellow wagon for example, not particularly common, bound to raise an eyebrow when shown off by new "owner"?

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

csstrux

Greasemonkey
Apr 5, 2017
Being a veteran of both Power Tour and Drag Week I cannot express enough to avoid telegraphing your car, plans and itineraries.

We all want the attention and kins-manship that this hobby brings. But, there are vultures watching your every move - and if you offer up too much information it just gets that much easier to case you out and victimize you.

Taking enhanced security measures will only get you so far. Make sure you have agreed value insurance on your stuff just in case.

Since taking a position in DOD, I have learned that that tactic is pretty much an aught to in every aspect of your online life. Personally, I make it a policy to not share anything less than six months old outside of the most cursory and basic comments. I Had my K2500 stolen out of the lot, at work, in broad daylight in Vegas last November right under a security camera! Effing thieves deserv everything shatty they ever get! That video went to FB faily quickly, but still months out. Sorry to hear about the cars... Bastards.

Reactions: 1 users

Norman

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 5, 2017
WTF - That burns me to anger. Don't f%#k with a persons property. I hope the property is found and returned their owners.

Pronto-

Apprentice
Dec 4, 2014
Thieves suck, but buyers of stolen cars/parts/stuff suck even worse.

You'd think that in the internet age, there would be less market for obviously unique cars that are complete. Yellow wagon for example, not particularly common, bound to raise an eyebrow when shown off by new "owner"?
A lot of the stolen performance cars are parted out or used by the thief. I've seen stuff on Craig's list that surely was stolen.

Don57

Apprentice
Apr 12, 2009
St. John's, NL
How many times have you heard people say "Drive it like you stole it"! And they think that saying is cute! I got to tell you...............I hate that saying! Wait until something valuable is stolen from you...…….then let's see how funny you think it is!

80oldscutlass

Apprentice
Nov 7, 2014
Littleton,Colorado
I am a Deputy with the Arapahoe County Sheriff in Denver CO. We see at least 10 steals a week in my area alone. A few weeks ago a guy had a 70 Chevelle stolen from his garage because he left the keys in the visor and someone popped the side door on his garage while they were on vacation.

This sucks I hate taking these reports and seeing the heartbreak on people’s faces. That being said whenever you are in my area please call into non-emergency and ask for increased patrols for car shows/ swap meets we are always happy to stop by! It also give us an excuse to check out the cars and for me to maybe find something cool for my 80 lol

• Useful
Reactions: 8 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor