Storage of a good fan clutch for future reinstall

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Other thing I have dug out is the thermo fan clutch that I put on new when I put the 305 in 20 years ago. When I tore the car apart I pulled it off the engine, removed the fan & stored it "face down" with the mount holes being on top as it sat in the box (like it was in it's original box when new.) I am wondering (& being cheap) as long as it was stored that way it should be OK to be remounted for use. Never had an issue with it last time it was in use & would just say hell with it & run it. If not I'll have to put another one on the shopping list for later.

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
I think it should be fine. Look at it this way, they sit on an engine for decades in a vertical position and don't go bad every time you start the car.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor