Story of a 85 Cutlass Supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

8.2litreImportEater

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 9, 2009
Saskatchewan Canada
My story is of my first car. Here where I live, there is a classified add program on the radio. And one day I heard that there was a 85 Cutlass supreme for sale, just an hour from me! So I called the guy and said I was interested. He said he was lowering his asking price from $1000 to $500 because he needed the cash really bad. Told me a little about th car, and was sure to mention that the front drivers window was broken and the ignition was jimmied and you have to start it with a screwdriver!

Apparently....according to him....a truck passed him while turning at an intersection and a wrench came off the deck and he lost the keys.........................I thought it was stolen.................but later realized that this poor guy was addicted to Marijuanna so bad(ashtray was full of roaches) that he lost his keys, locked his door.....so he broke his OWN window and jimmied his OWN ignition! LMAO

Well hell I thought for sure the car was , so I had my cousin go and look at it for me....(he is a g-body nut) And we did a check on the VIN and the car was CLEAN....I could not believe it. So My cousin calls me up tells me this..

1985 Cutlass Supreme
305 H.O.
4Brl
HighRise intake
Cam upgrade....little rough idle
TH350 with shift kit
Posi rear end
2 sets of Aluminum rims

.....And my cousin got him down to $350!!!!

NOW to the death of my Cutlass

4 or 5 weeks later, was the end of my grade 12 year.....was going to the Lake 20 mins from home, going 65MPH......going around a curve hill, yes a speed curve with a hill, ( nice job road crews) well anyways, as I got to the top of the hill, nice...a deer pops out......and yes its a cuve....so If you lock the brakes up.....yuo are skidding off of a road into a 30 foot deep ditch. So I hit the deer doing 65MPH....was just a BAMBI....but holy F@#% they tend to do a lot of damage at 65MPH Wrecked my hood, fenders and header panel, oh and a headlight, but with some wire I hanged my headlights up and adjusted them and drove home that nice in a rain storm from the Lake watching the line in the middle of the road as I could only see 10 ft in front of my car.

So anyways I drove that car for another 6 weeks until the heater core went......bypassed it......then I drove it until the brakes absolutelty went. And then I started parting it out.......and here is a video of the last burnout it ever did.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LAxmmmItOw

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor