Strange sound and smell of gas

rogus

Greasemonkey
Mar 14, 2020
Yesterday was fairly warm here and I noticed a strange sound Coming from my 81 Elky followed by the smell of gasoline. Fairly sure this was caused by fuel coming under pressure in the tank as it heated up during the day. Any ideas on how to fix this?

ck80

Royal Smart Person
Feb 18, 2014
Yesterday was fairly warm here and I noticed a strange sound Coming from my 81 Elky followed by the smell of gasoline. Fairly sure this was caused by fuel coming under pressure in the tank as it heated up during the day. Any ideas on how to fix this?
How's the tank vent/charcoal canister/lines, etc?

I've seen people plug them with golf tees and hose clamps to eliminate a gas smell from a damaged system and screw up the venting in the process