Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

thepcsurgeon

Master Mechanic
Oct 10, 2013
Orange County, NY
That spool will wear your tires heavily if you plan on street driving only. Really made for the track. If you have stock axles, they will also strain them. Cheaper now, MORE MONEY LATER. Save you money for the correct Posi unit.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
A spool is made for going straight. Your front end will push and dip to the opposite way your turning. The faster you are going the harder to turn and you will be scrubbing the front tires to do it. When turning the rear tires have different distances to cover but turning the same speed, they will scrub and hoop and as thepcsurgeon said strains axels. Handling is defiantly compromised.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
A spool is made for going straight. Your front end will push and dip to the opposite way your turning. The faster you are going the harder to turn and you will be scrubbing the front tires to do it. When turning the rear tires have different distances to cover but turning the same speed, they will scrub and hoop and as thepcsurgeon said strains axels. Handling is defiantly compromised.

X2 in the rain

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
You can always go cheaper and weld the diff kinda the same concept of a spool. I would save up more and buy a proper posi

87cutty

Greasemonkey
Feb 4, 2016
Drag car only I hope.
Wel i dont have a choice right now. To put together a rear end with posi is out of my budget. I have checked everywhere. Got a strange spool and strange nodular case. Gona build that. Its gona go on the street for now. I just dont have the extra cash so ima build it strong for drag racing and hopefully in the future get posi or locker later

87cutty

Greasemonkey
Feb 4, 2016
That spool will wear your tires heavily if you plan on street driving only. Really made for the track. If you have stock axles, they will also strain them. Cheaper now, MORE MONEY LATER. Save you money for the correct Posi unit.
Not only street. Mostly just a weekend car to go to drag strip and fun short cruises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor