Street Machine Nationals - DuQuoin, IL

Status
Not open for further replies.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Have you been there recently in the past year or two?

I don't plan on attending but the same event company took over the former Car Craft Summer show in St. Paul and has made continuous de-provements to the now 'Street Machine' St. Paul show. They started charging for reserved parking on the street and half of the spots are empty as they are unsold so people have to park in the grass or out in BFE which makes it less fun for the entrants & spectators, eliminated some cool shows & competitions, they lost almost all the industry booths like GM performance parts, edelbrock, etc.

Just curious if it's just a St. Paul show thing or across the event planner company.

DB87442

Apprentice
Nov 27, 2021
Cartersville, GA
Have you been there recently in the past year or two?

I don't plan on attending but the same event company took over the former Car Craft Summer show in St. Paul and has made continuous de-provements to the now 'Street Machine' St. Paul show. They started charging for reserved parking on the street and half of the spots are empty as they are unsold so people have to park in the grass or out in BFE which makes it less fun for the entrants & spectators, eliminated some cool shows & competitions, they lost almost all the industry booths like GM performance parts, edelbrock, etc.

Just curious if it's just a St. Paul show thing or across the event planner company.
I haven't been since '95. I had heard some of what you mentioned and that a lot of people do not like the reserved parking, but I thought it was nice. Get to pick your own spot and no race to try and claim your spot. We'll see how it goes, I'm still excited to be going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor