BUILD THREAD Street/Strip Cutlass Build: Race it, break it, fix it, repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwik_Cutty88

Royal Smart Person
Nov 22, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
Nothing to report on the car. It has pretty much been sitting since the last time we went to the track. But we are headed back to Rockingham in about 2 weeks. I don't plan on making any changes, other than airing up the front tires to the max allowed. I plan on keeping the passenger seat in it this time :banana:. My 12.78 pass it was 77 degrees, 89% humidity and 1690 ft. DA. So if the weather stays in the middle-low 60's with low humidity hopefully it will make a difference. Honestly I'm just looking to go at least 12.78, my unrealistic goal is 12.50's as the car sits.

Kwik_Cutty88

Royal Smart Person
Nov 22, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
We left the track more than impressed today. I made 13 passes, the slowest being 12.81. 2 passes in the 12.50's and the rest in the low 12.70 high 12.60 range! Best ET of the day was 12.56 at 109 mph! Here's some media.

IMG_4327.jpg
IMG_4298.JPG
IMG_4297.JPG

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users

Kwik_Cutty88

Royal Smart Person
Nov 22, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
I'm jealous and miss the track - looks like the weather gave you your time, nice job.

Thanks! Yes the weather was a big help today. Around 50-60 degrees, less than 70% humidity all day. We had plenty of time so I could work on consistency, and figure out other stuff. Eventually the golden combination was front sway bar unhooked, 15-16 psi in the tires, and 16 base, 34 total on the timing. We actually picked up by taking 4 degrees out of it.

Reactions: 1 users

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
I always tell people to try timing + & - and find what's right for their combo. Mine likes 40 total.

Reactions: 1 user

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
That's what he was doing - Trying different pressures, timing, settings - hence the .3 difference in all the runs.

Reactions: 1 user

Kwik_Cutty88

Royal Smart Person
Nov 22, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
I would try to find the reason for .3 difference in ET and eliminate that.

lilbowtie Has the idea. Now that I know what works and what doesn’t, the next time I go out my focus will be on repeating 12.50 passes over and over and over again. We think that’s pretty much all this little motor can do. I’d like to do a lighter wheel/tire package and move the battery to the trunk.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
lilbowtie Has the idea. Now that I know what works and what doesn’t, the next time I go out my focus will be on repeating 12.50 passes over and over and over again. We think that’s pretty much all this little motor can do. I’d like to do a lighter wheel/tire package and move the battery to the trunk.

Ok as long as it was getting better. I see people going to tnt events and the car being all over the place and all they were after was a number. Not that it could repeat. Consistency is just as big as a low number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor