Streetcar shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
Whilst enjoying a leisurely drive through the country side in the '81 Malibu Classic sedan I happened upon a fellow enthusiast in a Challenger Hellcat. His car was black, had a manual trans, and he was quite confident in its superiority. He made it known through the quaint waves out of the window and short bursts of the throttle. After a little badgering and encouragement he decided to show my granny car who the big dog was (he had a lady friend in the car with him to impress). He downshifted and flogged the big Chrysler through three gears, only to look in his mirror and see the Malibu even closer than before! I could see his bulging eyes in the side mirror trying to make sense of the whole situation. He sat back in his seat and tried again, from a higher rate of speed this time. Alas he fell victim to the granny cars greatest strength, hahahaha!!! Honestly thought it was a good time. His wave turned into an incoherent flopping of his hand, then a big thumbs up as he turned onto another road. Both he and his lady friend breaking their necks to get a good look at the lowly Malibu that just ate his Hellcats' lunch. These are the days that make all the time and effort spent on this car worth it.

On to the next conquest gents!

• Winner
Reactions: 22 users

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Whilst enjoying a leisurely drive through the country side in the '81 Malibu Classic sedan I happened upon a fellow enthusiast in a Challenger Hellcat. His car was black, had a manual trans, and he was quite confident in its superiority. He made it known through the quaint waves out of the window and short bursts of the throttle. After a little badgering and encouragement he decided to show my granny car who the big dog was (he had a lady friend in the car with him to impress). He downshifted and flogged the big Chrysler through three gears, only to look in his mirror and see the Malibu even closer than before! I could see his bulging eyes in the side mirror trying to make sense of the whole situation. He sat back in his seat and tried again, from a higher rate of speed this time. Alas he fell victim to the granny cars greatest strength, hahahaha!!! Honestly thought it was a good time. His wave turned into an incoherent flopping of his hand, then a big thumbs up as he turned onto another road. Both he and his lady friend breaking their necks to get a good look at the lowly Malibu that just ate his Hellcats' lunch. These are the days that make all the time and effort spent on this car worth it.

On to the next conquest gents!

Great story. We should start a kill / fish forum

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I hope you've got new tires on that thing. Don't change anything else.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Michael Watts

Master Mechanic
Dec 12, 2017
There is always somebody faster ,Even with all these factory built cars .It was the same during the muscle car era .Its true today.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
A riveting account of shattered expectations; bravo, sir!

Reactions: 2 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Looks like you got Dodge pissed off with your shenanigans....

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/1000-hp-dodge-hellephant-v8-is-ready-to-resurrect-your-classic-car

sc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor