Stupid colored suspension parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Really pisses me off I finally decide to go with the BMR 1.5" drop lowering springs and see they only come in red. F that, I want black dammit!!

See alot of other aftermarket suspension parts with goofy colors like blue, red, and yellow. That's fine for those who want that but always offer the parts in frickin black too!!

BMR, if you're listening, you just lost a sale cuz I don't want your stupid bright red color!

Just ranting cuz I got nothing else to do right now....

Last edited:
  • Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
There’s always
1572779312193.jpeg

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 5 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Yeah, I noticed a lot of colourful parts, some like it, others don't. I know some offer colour choices. How do guys get away with lowering your cars so much? I have shitty factory grandpa springs. If I lowered my car 1.5", I would have no exhaust left. Maybe the taller 15"+ tires give more ground clearance? My 70S Cutlass is a different story, they all sit high in the front, 2" lowering is a walk in the park with stock exhaust. Just curious is all.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
When I bought my UMI control arms on EBay ( because of price and zero interest financing) the dealer selling them only offered the red ones. I figured with almost everything else other than the KYB shocks being black, the red control arms would be a neat stand out contrast. How often is anybody ever going to be looking under the car anyway?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
If I am paying for a new powder coated suspension part then black should be the first color option that the part should come in and if they want to add colors beyond that then fine.
My buddy is building a Red 69' Nova with a 632 BBC and is buying all of the suspension parts in red and is also sending out his existing parts to get powder coated red and while I think it looks fine on his car I would never do it to one of mine.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I agree,Color options are a big deal.it'll make or break the overall look.Black's pretty standard.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
parts have to be in black, if they offer other colors then they'll sell more but don't force the colors on us

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
To me, the red suspension pieces are the same as the bright garish spark plug wires that say "look! I have plug wires!" Yeah, so does pretty much everyone else.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
I emailed BMR to ask if they could be gotten in black. I already know the answer of course but it's my subtle way of letting them know their forced color choice is not welcomed by all....

Reactions: 2 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I emailed BMR to ask if they could be gotten in black. I already know the answer of course but it's my subtle way of letting them know their forced color choice is not welcomed by all....
I'm really surprised they don't offer them in other colors than red. I have alot of their suspension stuff in black hammer tone finish. The only red is the Koni shocks, and gray hotchkis springs.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor