STUPID HEADERS, MANIFOLDS, ETC!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Alright guys, this topic gets beat to death but I can't find a definitive answer. Full disclaimer, I have used the search functions, interwebz, etc already. I'm going to order some form of appliance this week that gets expelled gases from the heads to the tailpipes, whether it be manifolds or headers. Whatever I buy will be temporary as I do plan on boosting the Cutlass, so I'm really not into spending a boatload. Budget is $275ish.
I've seen the Speed Engineering mid length headers used here recently, and they had to be modified to clear. Speed Eng also has G body long tubes that look nice, but clearance is hit or miss it seems.
I've also looked at the TBSS manifolds, but can't find a solid answer if they'll clear the firewall on driver side with 1" setback mounts. The other is S10 shorty headers which look like they'd cause all kinds of issues.

Sooooo, any tips, tricks, brands to look at so I don't need to chase my tail anymore than I have already???
Thanks in advance!!!!

Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I have never seen headers installed without the help of a torch, welding machine, long pry bar, grinder, and hammer.
I had Hedman mid length on my 355 and they fit great! The full tube hooker comps were a different story, but nothing a hammer didn't fix.
I don't mind dinging some header tubes to fit, just don't want to beat the fire out of new headers if at all possible.

Reactions: 1 user

GPNX

Apprentice
Jun 6, 2016
i used the truck manifold on the passenger side and the 2000 firebird one on the drivers side

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
If your running a SBC - Shoenfeld - $189.00 best performance of any I have used.
I did for many years and ran both hooker and hedman. I'm in the LS world now and the water is somewhat cloudy on what fits/doesn't fit due to all the different mounting setups, locations, etc. I think I found some more solid info, but more reading to do.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor