STUPID LED BLINKERS, HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Alright guys im at my wit's end. Through the process of redoing my cutlass i am upgrading all the lights to leds, turn signals, brake, etc. I have already swapped out to the electronic led flashers, but when i hit the signal either left or right both sides flash!! I have ensured that 1157 bulbs are installed, and the hazards work like they should. Any help or ideas are much appreciated!!!! Thanks, Scott.

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
I don't know much about it but do you have a relay wired up

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
you won't need a relay but you might need a resistor. I don't know the quality of the bulbs but they have alot of issues with the cheap dual led lights

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
You might try using a n electronic flasher module. There are typically intended for vehicles that have extra lighting - the flasher circuit is electronic versus mechanical (toaster-like bimetallic strip that heats and bends and opens). If your LEDs are not pulling ENOUGH current, the old school module may not work either. For under 10 dollars, this may solve your problem.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I second the electronic flasher if you aren't already running one. Also, the electronic flashers have to be installed correctly, on of the blades needs to be 12vdc, and the other is the load.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I second the electronic flasher if you aren't already running one. Also, the electronic flashers have to be installed correctly, on of the blades needs to be 12vdc, and the other is the load.
Yeah i already have the electronic flashers for both flasher plugs (one in the fuse box and one tht is under the dash which i believe is for the hazards). They can only plug in one direction and both are grounded properly. Possible i need different led bulbs or the resistors??? I am determined to use led since i already have the upgraded led 3rd brake light. Thanks guys so far, keep the ideas coming please!!! Scott.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
As stated, when i hit the signal the led bulbs blink, but both sides when hitting left or right turn....hazards, tail and brake lights work as intended.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
If that problem doesn't happen with regular bulbs then it must be a problem with the led bulbs.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
If that problem doesn't happen with regular bulbs then it must be a problem with the led bulbs.

Great video, thanks. I will put incandescent bulbs back in when possible and try it, just shipped my cutlass off to body and paint friday so gotta wait until i can get over there and mess with it. Thanks!!!
20151030_123809.jpg

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
If you want brighter tail light and brake light in the back and signal light in the front get 7528 bulbs. They are a BMW light and the pins are just a little different making the bulb a little difficult to install but they will go in. My tail light now is about as bright as what the brake like was in the 1157 and the brake light is noticeably brighter

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor