Stupid things buyers/sellers do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
It seems every 2nd thread has a funny story about would-be buyers or sellers. So why not throw them all right here!

I'll start with this: My ad clearly states $4000 FIRM

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190807-135051_Kijiji.jpg
    Screenshot_20190807-135051_Kijiji.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 564
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Buyers:
-ask if its available and never respond back
-come to your house, check it out, talk it up saying that they will do this, this and that to it, and an hour after they leave tell you they dont want it
-ask stupid ****ing questions that would be answered if they read more than 7 words of the description

Sellers:
-shitty blurry upside down pictures taken in the dark of a 3/4 view of half the car from 20 feet away
-putting $1 or free as the price for views
-not responding

The not responding thing pisses me off so much.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
Sellers:
-shitty blurry upside down pictures taken in the dark of a 3/4 view of half the car from 20 feet away
-putting $1 or free as the price for views
-not responding

The not responding thing pisses me off so much.

Keep in mind that people don't read the listings for the details, if it's in the ad no need to send a message asking about something. Just recently I posted a 69 Lesabre parting out only within 1/2 hour I had people messaging me how much I would sell it whole for, started out messing with people by telling telling them 1k or more then they would get mad.

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
The "in cash" thing is always good for a laugh...yeah, cause I was planning on taking a check?

MrSony pretty much hit all my peeves

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
The not responding thing pisses me off so much
Or they respond days later and tell you it is sold even though the add is still up.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Or they respond days later and tell you it is sold even though the add is still up.
Yep.
"Maybe you should take the ad down."
"Mind your damn buisiness."

._.

Nov 4, 2012
When I was selling my BMW I had a deal worked out with a couple who was going to buy it. Met them a couple days later at AAA to swap the title, had the title in hand ready to go. We are about to go inside the AAA to swap the title as soon as they pay me. The woman pulls out a checkbook and starts writing on it.

Me: "what are you doing?"
Her: "writing you a check."
Me: "Uhm did you read the ad? The part at the bottom that was written in all caps, bolded and underlined? CASH ONLY, NO CHECKS, NO MONEY ORDERS, NO WESTERN UNION, CASH ONLY -that part?"
Her: :O
Me: 🖕bye!

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
I missed out on an 81 vw caddy diesel (rabbit pickup) not long ago. Messaged him on kijiji cuz it was late, but the ad was only an hour old. No response. Called him in the morning, no answer no voicemail. Called in the afternoon, still nothing. By 5 the ad was removed.

I understand that it was likely sold in minutes, before my first message even. But let a guy know it's gone or pull your ad FFS, I spent my whole lunch break driving around the general area of where it was listed lol

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Buyers- "what's the lowest price you will take?"

Without asking any questions, pictures, details, location, ect. They are just asking "what's the new starting price"

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor