Stupidest sh*t I've heard lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol makes me want to carb a honda....almost :rofl:

You gave him the straight poop,but, will he listen?

Shut down!!!! exactly why gbodyforum is superior to ALL car froums ever

I agree with you. IMO the mid-90's LT1 is the best SBC since about 1972. If I had one available cheap, I'd bolt it in with some headers and leave it as-is for a reliable, responsive cruiser. If you're gonna be changing stuff anyway, why bother with an LT1?

Bill

Wow, you guys got some opinions. There's nothing wrong with losing the efi to go to a carb. The only benefit to the efi is for you guys that can't tune a carb. I'd agrre with jut stoking the gen 1 block and get some good heads for it. However the best thing about the LT1 would be the heads, so even if the guy carbed it, it would be better than a stock headed gen 1 350.

Attachments

• IMGA04161.jpg
    IMGA04161.jpg
    299.9 KB · Views: 83
i think what he's saying is that it'd be a waste of money to carb the lt1 instead of buildin his current 350 up a little. by the way, whats IMO mean?

IMO=In My Opinion

I understand that but he would still be ahead with the better heads that are on the lt1. And the cost of putting a carb on it would be negated by the cost of improving the fuel system to handle efi. There is no wrong or right its gonna be a matter of how the guy wants to do it. But calling the guy an idiot for doing something that really won't matter is what is really Stupid!

you're right, we shouldn't insult someone's intelligence just because they don't have the same opinions as us. if the guy wants an lt1 so be it. to each is his own. i do believe the point about the accesibility and price of aftermarket parts is a good point though. planning ahead is always smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor