Stupidest sh*t I've heard lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would just build what he has already, but you can't compare the carb'd 350 out of the 81 truck to the lt1, carb'd or injected. The lt1 will still be an upgrade, and he wouldnt' have to spend the money on upgrading the fuel system. It's stillno excuse for you to call him stupid. You putting 26's on your cutty and thinking its still gonna hook is stupid too but I never said it to just be a dick. I will never be able to convince you though, and I guess there is no way to convince you there's nothing wrong with a carb'd lt1.
You think he is taking a step back with the carb'd lt1, and i think you are with the big rims but that won't stop either one of ya. He can always upgrade more later and you can always throw on some 15" slicks. I had more of a problem with your internet attitude than the recomendations you made. :roll:

jrm81bu said:
I would just build what he has already, but you can't compare the carb'd 350 out of the 81 truck to the lt1, carb'd or injected. The lt1 will still be an upgrade, and he wouldnt' have to spend the money on upgrading the fuel system. It's stillno excuse for you to call him stupid. You putting 26's on your cutty and thinking its still gonna hook is stupid too but I never said it to just be a dick. I will never be able to convince you though, and I guess there is no way to convince you there's nothing wrong with a carb'd lt1.
You think he is taking a step back with the carb'd lt1, and i think you are with the big rims but that won't stop either one of ya. He can always upgrade more later and you can always throw on some 15" slicks. I had more of a problem with your internet attitude than the recomendations you made. :roll:

amen!

im not a fan of the whole internet holier than thou complete dick attitude.

jrm81bu said:

I'll give you a clue. My 26's are the exact same dimensions as a 31x10.5-15 slick, ask me how I know. Stock, the LT1 would outperform the truck 350. But for building a stroker, the earlier gen motor is the cheaper and easier build. And for what he would pay for everything for the LT1, he could do way more to what he already has, and make more horses.

People hate all the time on my wheels, but when they see my motor the get quiet real quick.

I didn't get a chance to read the links, but after seeing some of the posts, it seems as the guy wants to keep the Gen 1 in his car and build a carb'd LT1. Big deal? LT1 aftermarket parts are pretty expensive. People have been using carbs on Gen 3 and 4 engines ever since they first came out, and no one made a big deal about it. I personally cannot stand seeing a Gen 3/4 with a carb on top, but it's cheaper and if you are good with them, then it works out in your favor. The LT1's have the huge bulky intake and I bet the aftermarket versions of those are pretty costly. So what, you expect him to get an aftermarket intake, bigger injectors, for around the same price as a carb intake and carb? LT1's have quite a few advantages over Gen 1's... Powdered rods stronger than Gen 1's, better flowing heads, reverse coolant, lots had 4 bolt main caps. And +1 for building an engine while keeping one in the car so you can drive it around. When you take something off the car to build, you want to rush through so you can drive it again. At least he is planning it the smart way.

Can I put points and condesors on my Prius?

i still don't understand the thought process of carbing a good EFI setup. and the LT1 did have a good system. (the ignition system sucks, though! which is the only reason i'd never use one btw.) and the guys who carb an LS are just stupid. yes, it's a proven fact that a properly tuned carb produces the same power as a properly tuned EFI system. but the EFI tunes itself every few microseconds. so when the intake charge changes temp as you go down the strip, the carb loses tune, the EFI doesn't. and you can setup EFI so that you run max power at the track, then flip a switch and be at max MPG for the ride home.

megaladon6 said:
i still don't understand the thought process of carbing a good EFI setup
some of us just really hate EFI
hence why i call it extremely f**ckin irritating

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor