EL CAMINO Subwoofer is in smugglers compartment - Where to point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HK_Camino

Apprentice
May 25, 2021
Houston
Debating whether to point the subwoofer outlet toward the seats, or towards the back of the smugglers compartment. Any one have any comments or input? Due to size limitations, these are my options.

8" sub below.
1678207539206.png

Maverick's_Monte

Greasemonkey
Sep 15, 2011
Rhode Island
By outlet do you mean an electrical or stereo connection or the speaker/woofer outlet? If you mean the speaker, bass is typically an omnidirectional frequency, meaning it really doesn't matter which direction the speaker fires, as long as the speaker/woofer is not mashed up against something. Highs and mid ranges will be affected by the direction the speaker is pointed, not so much with bass frequencies. As long as you have adequate clearance all the way around the unit you should be good to go.

Reactions: 1 user

HK_Camino

Apprentice
May 25, 2021
Houston
By outlet do you mean an electrical or stereo connection or the speaker/woofer outlet? If you mean the speaker, bass is typically an omnidirectional frequency, meaning it really doesn't matter which direction the speaker fires, as long as the speaker/woofer is not mashed up against something. Highs and mid ranges will be affected by the direction the speaker is pointed, not so much with bass frequencies. As long as you have adequate clearance all the way around the unit you should be good to go.
i meant the direction the speaker is pointed. Thanks! helpful info. I'm going to point the sub toward the seats, that way the wiring to the sub will be better hidden at the back of the storage area.

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
i meant the direction the speaker is pointed. Thanks! helpful info. I'm going to point the sub toward the seats, that way the wiring to the sub will be better hidden at the back of the storage area.
If it's up in the front, have it facing towards you.

And if it's in trunk, then have it facing towards the lights 😤💪💪💪

83MonteCarloSS

Greasemonkey
Oct 5, 2015
From my past experience you will have to try both ways. While bass is omni directional there is a point in the trunk that once you go past it with the speaker you start to lose bass big time. It might work fine either way but I would try both before permanently installing it.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor