Summit Racing Rally Wheels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J3

Greasemonkey
Jan 1, 2009
East TX
So I've been looking into my options for wheel/tire upgrades, and the GM style rally wheels/rings/caps from Summit caught my eye. I'm sure some of you guys have had these or are running them, and I would like to get some opinions on their quality/fitment/finish, etc. I've been impressed with the quality of other Summit brand parts I've used, and the price on their wheels isn't bad at all.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Could you post a link to them? I bought my 15x8 rallies from Summit but they are Wheel Vintiques brand not Summit.

J3

Greasemonkey
Jan 1, 2009
East TX

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I couldnt find these on Summit when I bought mine last winter I wonder if they started offering them after I got mine. The only bad things I have heard about the reproduced ralley wheels is that the mounting hub is thinner than the originals but I read that online and havent heard any bad reviews about them from someone who has them. I would say if it's not a race car it shouldnt matter. I highly doubt they would be producing the reproductions for as long as they have if it caused problems.

88cscb

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2013
PA
J3 said:
Sure, here's a list of them: http://www.summitracing.com/search/brand/summit-racing/part-type/wheels?keyword=rally wheels

I'm not sure what's different about the Wheel Vintiques, but they are slightly more expensive than the Summit brand ones.

I'm running these in 15 x8s. They are a nice piece, I also got the plain center that would have said " disc brakes " on them from the factory. These were nice because the center is flat which allowed me to put an olds center decal on mine.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I have the 15x8s with caps and rings from Summit. The front two rims are originals and the rears are Wheel Vintiques. Couldn't tell a difference honestly. To prove it I should of posted a pic of the front and rears and asked which are which :lol:
Fronts:
newfrontrims.jpg

Back:
mountedrims2.jpg

Close up of rear:
straightonrimpic.jpg

mountedrims1.jpg

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I had a pair of Summit 15 x 8 with the dual bolt pattern in silver and had Hoosier QT Pros on them with rim screws and they seemed like pretty good quality and balanced well.

Flat Broke

Apprentice
Aug 19, 2012
Slidell, Louisiana
I bought a set about 3 weeks ago, 15x8 5 on 5 for my '77 C-10. I put the plain flat cap on them and they look pretty nice on it. I think total cost including shipping for me was $365 or so. I thought it was a good inexpensive alternative to the mis-matched wheels that I bought my truck with.

Attachments

• DSCF0009.JPG
    DSCF0009.JPG
    622.5 KB · Views: 1,277

J3

Greasemonkey
Jan 1, 2009
East TX
Ok thanks guys. I'll probably end up getting a set of these, for the time being. Seems like a good looking, inexpensive way to get some more rubber on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor