summit racing

Status
Not open for further replies.

19cutlass79

Greasemonkey
Mar 7, 2010
Just tried to order a set of front and rear edelbrock IAS shocks and they won't ship them to hawaii something with ups regulations on hazmat them being gas filled, now I have to find someone that can bring it in which shouldn't be too hard (local oreilys or napa I think both are edelbrock distributors) but you know there's going to be a mark up, Ain't that a kick in the balls.

Wade

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Man that sucks! I go to Summit for everything.

rebelgtp

Master Mechanic
Mar 5, 2009
La Grande OR
That sucks thought I can see the reason with the air transport and all.

I just received a big shipment from them today, cherry picker, load leveler, and a hurst v matic 2. They even tossed in a hat.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
when you live in hawaii inconvenience is irrelevant

19cutlass79

Greasemonkey
Mar 7, 2010
custom442 said:
when you live in hawaii inconvenience is irrelevant

yup I don't complain much can pretty much work on my car year round, fish year round, dive year round etc, don't have to worry about snow and freezing temp either, lowest temp I seen in my lifetime here was 40's, we get hail once in a while but nothing compared to the golf balls up there 8) And I have pretty much been dealing with crazy shipping costs since I got this sickness/hobby almost 20yrs ago, but it's the first time I tried to buy aftermarket shocks from the mainland I used to just buy in stock monroes or whatever shocks were available in the parts store but with all the performance suspension parts I put on I will be damned if I put sensa trac's on my ride :lol:

wade

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
Then, shouldn't the title read "UPS"?, instead of Summit? You stated UPS regulations don't allow the shipping, right? And those are probably derived from HAZMAT/MSDS regulations, I would think. It sucks, but doesn't sound like it is Summit's fault.
Hope you find a way around the problem, and still get what you are trying to buy.

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
You're not better off than us in Canada bro. There is serious markup with UPS (and Fedex, USPS) shipments. Due to brokerage costs involved with duties (at border)). Based on type of shipment, weight, cost, BUT it's never consistent. And it 's always that you get f***d up the a** or you don't get your parts.

I believe Jegs has a shipment option where they charge you the entire price including shipping/duties so you don't pay a penny more when the part arrives. I like that. Check their shipping options out bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor