Status
Not open for further replies.

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person

lildudefl

Master Mechanic
Aug 25, 2011
Las Vegas (Cali at Heart)
Well i haven't ordered any Big price items from jegs, just little things. I did have one experience where i did need to use their customer service and they were very sluggish so i just stuck with Summit. I have did some price comparisons for parts and the ones i checked were pretty close in prices, and summit was usually a couple bucks less.

Also if you read, the Jegs crossmember may require fabrication to fit, while the Summit crossmember claims it is a direct bolt in and looks stronger.

I do you Jegs, but summit is usually my first choice

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
I only use jegs when something on summit is backordered. the summit crossmember is a rebadged gforce hence the price. I also like northern auto parts but you have to gave their catalog cuz their website blows

motorholmes

Master Mechanic
Oct 1, 2007
I just got a Gforce 700r4 crossmember off C/L and was amazed at how heavy it is! I suppose it's a good place to add weight, being a structural area, but I don't know if they really needed to build this out of 1/4" steel!

One thing though, the cutouts for the exhaust are large, and might be handy so you don't have to be so picky about routing the pipes, and different headers will have differences too.

I use Summit, Speedway, and Rock Auto if I can't find it used :roll:

efigp83

Apprentice
Sep 22, 2011
Tinley Park, IL
i give all of my business to summit. Their tech advise is better and jegs really pissed me off once when i ordered a gear set with bearings, did not see it for 4 weeks, called them, they said it was on back order but never notified me. So i cancelled and ordered from summit. Summit will price match everything at Jeg's.

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut
I use summit. Their website is easier to find stuff and filters down parts better. The first time I called customer service for jegs they don't seem to want to work well with me. I'm sure it was probably the one person but summit has always been spot on.

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
Jegs crossmember also has a pipe size restriction. if i remember correctly.

i used to use jegs years ago. when theyre catalog and website were easy to use. they changed all that and its just not useful at all. the catalog isnt even good reading material.

Ive been using Summit for many years now. never had a problem. The few problems my brother had with part colors and fit and stuff they took it back no problem. one thing they even said just keep it and we will send you the right one. (it was something small)

the few bucks in savings comes from somewhere.

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
Dealt with both, and Summit is hands-down my choice. NEVER had a problem with them, prices are fair, shipping is super fast.

I have had a problem with JEGS before and they DID correct everything in great manner, but I find Summit is easier to work with, and have more of what I am looking for, at a better price.

UMI Performance

Master Mechanic
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 9, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
I am not sure of the pricing but I would say if you are comparing brands the prices would be the exact same.

I have never been to Jeg's, but I have had the opportunity to tour the Summit Racing facility in Ohio and I must say... the place is very impressive! We spent 12 hours training 140 salesman on our UMI items, it is a great idea of them to have us manufactures do this, it really helps the sales staff. Summit is very strict on how their employees treat a customer and customer service is #1. There automated warehouse is unbelievable, parts and orders flying everywhere.

From what I learned Summit Racing takes their service and customers very serious, they treat their employees very well. I recommend using them.

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
I only use Summit. Jeg's website is more difficult to use and navigate. Plus if there is a Summit Brand part I always buy that. As stated before they just rebox items. But the stuff they rebox is not cheap chinese stuff. I bought a summit radiator and it was just a Northern raditator. All there fuel pumps are Holley. Their gear sets are from either Richmond or Motive. The guy wouldnt specify but he said it was one of them.

Summit Racing owns Trick Flow. So if you think about it, if you buy the Summit brand Aluminum heads, aren't you getting Trick Flows but with Summit engraved on the head?

I have a Jegs crossmember. Bought it off ebay for about $80 brand new shipped. I couldnt pass it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor