Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Nice pickup, look forward to your progress. We love all the pics

Reactions: 1 user

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Looks like you have a good project there. Where I am from Malibu's are hard to find. The drag racers and stock car guys used them all up. I would keep it mobile and enjoy it while you work on it. Do one project at a time and keep it driveable during the good months.

Reactions: 3 users

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ
Yeah where did you end up picking this up from anyways? I’m not looking every day or anything but when I am looking in arizona I hardly ever see a Malibu for sale.

Reactions: 1 users

80/MALIBU/COUPE

Greasemonkey
Feb 17, 2021
TUCSON AZ
Yeah where did you end up picking this up from anyways? I’m not looking every day or anything but when I am looking in arizona I hardly ever see a Malibu for sale.
THE PIC IN THE POST ...
I DRIVE DOWN THAT ROAD EVERYDAY TO WORK AND IT WAS LIKE HALF A MILE AWAY IF THAT .. THERE WAS A CAPRICE ON 24S IN THE SAME SPOTFOR A FEW WEEKS
THEN THIS MAILBU .. JUST SITTING ON THE SIDE OF A MAJOR TRAFFIC ROAD . SAW IT FOR A 2-3 WEEKS THEN
FINALLY TOOK A LUNCH BREAK WENT TO CHECK IT OUT . SAW IT HAD TBI / HEADERS/ SIGN STATED "CAM" , DECENT STANCE,
MOST OF THE INTERIOR .
SO CALLED HE WANTED 5500 IN THE SIGN .. DEFF STEEP FOR A PROJECT/ TOY FOR ME.. ON THE PHONE HE DROPPED TO 3500
THAT DAY .. WAS LOOKING AT A 96 COBRA ASWELL BUT THAT SOLD, SO I WAITED ANOTHER WEEK THEN CALLED AGAIN STANDING
NEXT TO THE CAR ASKED IF IT RAN AND DROVE AND IT DID .. HE CAME DOWN WE BULLSHITTED ABIT THEN
GOT HIM TO 2000 CASH ON THE SPOT... DROVE IT HOME ..

AND I GOTTA SAY LAST PROJECT WAS A 66 F100 STEPSIDE 302/AOD/CROWN VIC/ AIR BAGGED AND I HAD NO IDEA WHAT THIS CAR WAS BESIDES A CHEVY , DRIVING PAST AT 630AM @40MPH LOL I HAD TO LOOK AT PICS OF 80S CHEVYS TILL I FOUND THE FRONT END LOL
IM SUPER STOCKED ABOUT THIS PROJECT LOVE THE WAY IT SITS LOVE THE POTENTAL I SEE FOR IT AND AM HAPPY TO OWN IT. ONLY THING I KNEW ABOUT G- BODIES WAS THE G/N . ALMOST BOUGHT ONE OF THOSE TOO BUT ANOTHER TO SLOW TO GET THERE .
Looks like you have a good project there. Where I am from Malibu's are hard to find. The drag racers and stock car guys used them all up. I would keep it mobile and enjoy it while you work on it. Do one project at a time and keep it driveable during the good months.
AND YEA I WAS GONNA JUST GUT IT AND LEAVE IT ON STANDS BUT I REALLY DO WANNA DRIVE THIS CAR SO ILL HAVE MORE OF A PULL THE MOTOR RE-SEAL PAINT / CLEAN THE ENGINE / BAY FOR PHASE ONE AND DRIVE IT .. IM STILL PLANNING ON THE LS SWAP BUT BRAKES AND REAR END FIRST IM THINKING . SO I CAN DRIVE IT A LITTLE BIT WITH THE TREE-FIDDY MAYBE JUST GRAB AN INTAKE AND TOSS ON A 750 I HAVE LAYING AROUND

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor