Supercharged ls swap drivability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdigitty88

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 4, 2016
Background:

I have a 4.8 swapped into my regal upgraded the injectors to fic 775's added a vortech supercharger and switched to SD. For the drivetrain, it has the stock th350 (I know won't last) and 8.5 rear diff with stock gears.

Issue:

This is my first supercharged car. I started tunning with hp tuners I have part throttle ok. When I go to tune WOT I go in third start at 2500rpm but it falls on its face. I don't have the kick down connected if I downshift it's much better.

I think I answered my own question after typing this out but will I get the same affect if tune WOT in second?

Pic for attention:
20180128_152724.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
What size is the blower and what pulley with how much boost? and whats the fuel injector duty cycle? pump gas or e85?

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
Do you have a wideband O2 sensor? My guess is that the mixture is way off at low RPM, wot situations.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Do you have a knock gauge and a wide band? I would be scared to be messing around with out them.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Jdigitty88

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 4, 2016
So for some reason, I didn't save any of logs. As soon as it stops raining I will get a log but from what I can remember I don't think it went over 50% DC.

It's 93 octane pump gas The charger is V-3 SCi Supercharger with 3.60. I'm working my way up so hasn't seen more than 5 PSI I do have a Wideband logging it through Hp tunners and using the stock Knock sensors also logging that. It hasn't seen Knock.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
1. Is your injector data correct?
2. Is this OL Speed Density? I don't see a MAF.
3. Is your MAP sensor scaled properly?
4. Is your IAT scaled properly?
5. Have you confirmed fuel pressure under load? What is your IDC?
6. Did you start with someone else's tune? I hope not.

Tuning a boosted engine is not where a novice should start.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
If I were you, then I'd unhook the charged pipe and tune it with the new injectors and SD NA. Once it runs, idles hot and cold and accelerates correctly, then it will be as simple as changing the fuel and timing tables when the charged pipe is hooked back up. That is easy info to steal from someone elses tune - just over fuel it and under time it.

Other than that, I'm with Mike - very demanding to learn HP tuners and work out any bugs when into boost.

Jdigitty88

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 4, 2016
Update time:
So I took yall's advice and checked everything listed also got Master EFI Tuner Book.

Injector data is from fuel injector clinic, Map and iat are correct. I started from the stock tune.

It drives and I think I have the Ve tables situated definitely drivable AFR"s are correct with CMD AFR's. I haven't touched the timing yet because I have two issues right now.

Exhaust and IAT

The Exhaust is 2 into one all 2in same routing as stock. I'm pretty sure that is choking the engine.
The IAT on a cool 60-degree day, start at 104 and at the end of a 1/8 mile run are at 140. Looks high to me IDK

What do yall think should be next intercooler or exhaust?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor