Supercharger clearance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrRoj

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 29, 2015
,Question,,, i have a 87 Monte SS with a 383 stroker. I have a 1.5 inch cowl induction hood. Does anyone know if i will have the hood clearance to fit a 144 Weiand(or comparable) low profile supercharger under my hood? I have the drive train to back up the extra power. Thank you

Raymondautoresto

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 21, 2015
Mayville, Michigan
,Question,,, i have a 87 Monte SS with a 383 stroker. I have a 1.5 inch cowl induction hood. Does anyone know if i will have the hood clearance to fit a 144 Weiand(or comparable) low profile supercharger under my hood? I have the drive train to back up the extra power. Thank you
Instead of wondering about hood clearance, just go Procharger, or vortech. They are more efficient also.

Raymondautoresto

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 21, 2015
Mayville, Michigan

MrRoj

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 29, 2015
The blow through carburetor is going to be the biggest difference as far as plumbing, but as far as set up it would be totally different. You should have plenty a room around the front drive of the engine for the centrifugal supercharger... Check this out! https://www.procharger.com/automoti...eted/gm-carbureted-aftermarket-efi/sbbb-chevy
i spoke with ProCharger today. i need to go with a smaller power steering pump, delete the A/C, a different alternator bracket and switch to an electric fuel pump. Plus the 4150 Holley carb. lots of thinking to do

Raymondautoresto

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 21, 2015
Mayville, Michigan
i spoke with ProCharger today. i need to go with a smaller power steering pump, delete the A/C, a different alternator bracket and switch to an electric fuel pump. Plus the 4150 Holley carb. lots of thinking to do
Well thanks at least for checking into my idea. I had forgot about the electronic fuel pump, but I think you would be happy with one of their set ups. I installed three of these on 2006 to 10mustang GT's and the first speed shop I worked at we use the F1 Procharger's on our race cars were pushing 1900 horse 400 cubic inch LS based engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor