supercharger on an olds 403

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnyslick

G-Body Guru
Jun 2, 2008
Crossville, TN
On this subject. Does anyone know would a kit for a carbed 350 chevy fit on a 350 oldsmobile?

Vortech has a nice kit for carb setups on the Chevy's .....

joe_padavano

Royal Smart Person
Sep 13, 2006
Northern VA
jonnyslick said:
On this subject. Does anyone know would a kit for a carbed 350 chevy fit on a 350 oldsmobile?

If by "fit" you mean bolt on, not even close. The Olds motor has as much in common with a Chevy as with a Ford. All brackets, belts, etc. will need to be custom fabricated.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Find someone who has a very good fabrication shop. :lol: 8) Im not sure if there has been anyone who had a kit for a supercharger on an Olds. I would think the centrifical supercharger set up would be the easiest for a custom setup, not sure though.

eddieb1969

Apprentice
Jul 5, 2008
Fort Payne , Alabama
I have an older issue of Car Craft somewhere that was showing a dyno test on a blown Cutlass . I am almost sure it was a 455 though . I will try and find it .and see what info it has .

joe_padavano

Royal Smart Person
Sep 13, 2006
Northern VA
eddieb1969 said:
I have an older issue of Car Craft somewhere that was showing a dyno test on a blown Cutlass . I am almost sure it was a 455 though. I will try and find it .and see what info it has .

If it's the article I'm thinking of, it was a 455 built by Mondello for installation in a Trans Am.

jonnyslick

G-Body Guru
Jun 2, 2008
Crossville, TN
joe_padavano said:
jonnyslick said:

If by "fit" you mean bolt on, not even close. The Olds motor has as much in common with a Chevy as with a Ford. All brackets, belts, etc. will need to be custom fabricated.

Yeah I figured this much ... well ... probably wouldn't be too big of a job to get a fabrication shop to come up with a bracket. That would be awesome to have a S/C Olds 350. 8)

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
They look great sticking out of the hood. :D Especially on an Olds motor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor