Supercharger time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smack-it

Apprentice
Dec 31, 2018
So, i have a 400 sbc, and I'm thinking of running a super in the next few weeks. Does anyone have a set up, and what issues did you run into.

Reactions: 1 user

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
A better question would be, what has been done to the engine to support a supercharger? What kind of compression does the engine have? What type of pistons? What heads? Piston ring gap? Slapping a supercharger on an engine with out supporting mods will not end well! A small block is not like a LS engine. You can not get away with it for long.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
A better question would be, what has been done to the engine to support a supercharger? What kind of compression does the engine have? What type of pistons? What heads? Piston ring gap? Slapping a supercharger on an engine with out supporting mods will not end well! A small block is not like a LS engine. You can not get away with it for long.
Will you shush?!?! I want CARNAGE!!!!:twisted:

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 5 users

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
Get ready to spin some balancers! Many who do supercharged small blocks do 2 things;
1) A super high press fit steel hubbed balancer
And
2) a double keyed crank.

Smack-it

Apprentice
Dec 31, 2018
I was thinking of going with a weiland 144, my motor is all forged, compression is 9.2-1.l was just looking to see if anyone is running a super on a 400. I don't see too many g body cars at the track anymore

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
How about a Pro-charger? Second thought, I checked out the price.... :oops: The 144 might be the way to go.

• Agree

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Torqstorm or turbo. The supporting mods to make it work are going to kill you.

Those 142/144s are laughable junk by modern standards.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Smack-it

Apprentice
Dec 31, 2018
Pro charger could be the way to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor