Support under the bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicora Hillbilly

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 20, 2019
My Elky did get a hit and miss rustproof job at some point but... The support rail under the center of the bed hides above the large rear suspension cross member and its completely rusted away. Can anyone advise me of suppliers that have that part or what the dimensions are so I can have one made. I will have the body lifted off the frame at some point and would like to have the rail on hand. Thanks

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
My Elky did get a hit and miss rustproof job at some point but... The support rail under the center of the bed hides above the large rear suspension cross member and its completely rusted away. Can anyone advise me of suppliers that have that part or what the dimensions are so I can have one made. I will have the body lifted off the frame at some point and would like to have the rail on hand. Thanks
Is it one of these?

Screenshot_20191130-042500_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia

Should be easy to measure one end and have a piece broken at a sheet metal shop a few inches longer than required

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
That brace is not made new, will have to pull from another El Camino or as mentioned above have one made.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I don't know what the brace looks like but it seems like something that would be easy enough to fabricate and probably make some design improvements while you are at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor