Supreme Speed Salon (87 T Top Salon build)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
Wow, great looking Salon. That color combo with the blacked out grill looks good.
Thanks Anubis, I'm motivated watching the builds in this forum. You guys have awesome rides and I just want to have a great looking and fun driving car.

Reactions: 1 user

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
I saw cast aluminum valve covers on a few other Olds. I think these would compliment the Olds 358 nicely. I want something mean looking not just pretty and shiny!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190718-163806_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20190718-163806_eBay.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I saw these on a few other Olds. I think these would compliment the Olds 358 nicely. I want something mean looking not just pretty and shiny!
They are nice but super tall, they may hit. This is a proper Olds build thread.

• Friendly
Reactions: 1 user

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
They are nice but super tall, they may hit. This is a proper Olds build thread.
I need clearance for the roller rocker arms. The stock valve covers are not tall enough. Plus I'm thinking about going with w30 style dual scoop hood, with the air box. That is, if I can find one. I think the hood looks great combined with T Tops and rear spoiler. Thanks for the encouragement bro nothing but hard work and lots of time. This is Richard Woody bad a** 442. I use my buddies cars for inspiration.
xlarge.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I've seen roller rockers under stock covers plenty of times. If you insist on more clearance, you could do 3/8 rail spacers.
But, the cast aluminum ones are nice looking, too.

Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
VFN makes the W25 hood with straight scoops for $625 and it fits better than the US Body Source hood with angled scoops in the pic.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor