Supreme Speed Salon (87 T Top Salon build)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
I would think with that cam and those heads, you will be pushing the converter to the high end of it's stall. What is the compression ratio?
I was also thinking the converter may be pushed to its limits. That's why I was doing a trial and error. I dont know anything about compression, or much about stall, but I will post the specs of the heads if that will help. I talked to the techs at Comp Cams, and they suggested 2200. Before I got hands on it, the motor had a prior build, less than a year earlier. I didn't want to take any chances or someone's word, so I took it to a machine shop. The motor and car both belonged to my nephew. He purchased it from the guy that built the motor prior to me getting my hands on it. So I had it rebuilt.
20191101_115021.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Hopefully flat top pistons were used. You should be around 9 to 1 compression, if the heads weren't milled.

Reactions: 1 users

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
Hopefully flat top pistons were used. You should be around 9 to 1 compression, if the heads weren't milled.
I dont think the heads were milled. The pistons were good from the prior build but I have the parts list used to build the motor. Its all roller cam and components. full.jpg 20161010_130308.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
Supreme Speed Salon project is looking pretty good. I started a mini version from an 83 Hurst model car kit. So far I think it's looking pretty good. All left to do is, fab the hood with w30 dual scoops. My next one will be remote control.
20191107_002009.jpg
20191107_002039.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Decided to ditch the vinyl top.
Hopefully not too much ugliness underneath. It changes the look of the car for the better. Are you getting the VFN W-25 style hood? The option code was W-25 on that hood back then. Also came on the W31 and also saw a factory non W31 350 4spd factory ordered supposedly.

Reactions: 2 users

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
Hopefully not too much ugliness underneath. It changes the look of the car for the better. Are you getting the VFN W-25 style hood? The option code was W-25 on that hood back then. Also came on the W31 and also saw a factory non W31 350 4spd factory ordered supposedly.
Yes my plans are to get the W-25 functional.

Reactions: 2 users

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
So I decided to haul the Salon back to my home. The mechanic was not very productive and my car sat 5 months. So I've decided to do it myself. I stopped by Harbor Freight and purchase some much needed tools, to complete the job.

Reactions: 6 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
A good move. I do all my own work to save money, get it done when I want and get the quality to make me happy, win, win.

Reactions: 1 users

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
A good move. I do all my own work to save money, get it done when I want and get the quality to make me happy, win, win.
Yes the learning process I think will be the best part of the build. Will be exhilarating to accomplish myself.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor