Swap discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I come in here and read from time to time, just read the swap sticky post a second ago and figured I would give some feedback for discussion.

That post is from 2013, so at least 3 years ago now, and definitely outdated. Currently it seems everybody and their mother has some form of aftermarket anything-you-can-think-of to work with an LS Engine and mount one in a car. For the Gbodies specifically it seems there are a few kits out there now. I mean you can throw a rock and hit some form of LS something nowadays lol.

I built mine back in late 2010 with some $33 SBC->LS non-setback Swap Plates, GM Muscle Car Pan Kit, and a pair of Heddman LS Gbody Longtube Headers that at the time the guy told me I was the third person to buy the set and he wanted to know how they fit when I got them in the car so they could ramp up production. I built and swapped in a T56 6spd Manual with a clutch pedal setup modified from a 1991 Fbody. At the time all I had found was the John Bizdel Pedal and with a welder and some steel at the shop I wasn't wanting to pay the $300 price tag on his. He had a nice quality part, but we are all on a budget here and skills save money. I do my own wiring and tuning, set the fuel system up with a Gbody EFI Tank & Sender from Rock Auto. Those are still readily available.

So a little over 6 years ago the only thing available was one company with prototype Headers, a few different versions of swap plates and a couple of slider mounts, pretty much the same oil pans just they were not known to work, and one guy who had a T56 in one with his setup and only one known clutch pedal to be purchased unless you fabricated another to work on your own.

Point is there is so much out there now that 3/4 of the questions that are posted here shouldn't even be questions, they are a mere google search away.

I made this facebook page a few years ago, the pinned post at the top has a wealth of information on an LS swap in a Gbody, it will pretty much build the whole car.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/476028052496649/

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor