Swap mounts and A/C to boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theIrishman

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 27, 2018
I have searched the forums over and over without finding a solid answer. So, at the risk of sounding redundant, I’ll go ahead and ask my question.

I have a 1979 Malibu. I am planning on a 5.3 ls swap. Going to use the Holley 302-2 pan, most likely Hooker cast iron headers or Speed Engineering long tubes. I plan on relocating the accessories up high with the Holley or similar brackets (including the A/C compressor) if I need to. I would like to make some custom coil covers using either SBC or BBC valve covers.

So, finally the question: I know there are a ton of different swap mounts on the market to use. What actually works with Alternator / Power Steering / Air Conditioning that won’t cause interference with the HVAC box and the passenger side valve cover? Was thinking the ICT Billet mounts and original clamshells.

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
I bolted the lowers to the engine mounts and set the engine where I wanted it. Mark location and drill holes for the lowers.

Reactions: 1 users

oLdS1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 25, 2018
Van Wert OH
I used the Hooker/Holley swap system and everything fit like a glove. It's a little more expensive for the parts but the ease of installation was worth it to me. I used the motor mounts, headers, transmission crossmember, exhaust and retro fuel pump and an happy with all of it. If you want any info on anything let me know.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor