swap question....tv cable/non tv cable carb

Status
Not open for further replies.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
Mostly by process of elimination--bowties site lists a kit for every one but the 1908. And IIRC i have a 1908 and had checked that it is "correct"

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
megaladon6 said:
Mostly by process of elimination--bowties site lists a kit for every one but the 1908. And IIRC i have a 1908 and had checked that it is "correct"
Ive done some searching... but that number doesnt look like a GM carb number...Is that the series number? Im trying to find one and using that number doesnt pull up much online. :?:

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
sorry, i think it was supposed to be 1708 (the first 4 numbers)! basically just early/mid eighties when they were producing the 200 and 700 trans missions

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
Ok...that makes it a lot easier...lol. I found a 4bbl off a 77 T/A 403 sbo. It needs rebuilding, but its cheap. Thanks a bunch for the info!

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
update: I got another cable from work. Measured it against the one on the car, and its shorter? So, either the one I had was stretched or its the wrong cable. Now the trans shifts much better, and without any busyness or odd downshifting when slowing down. Now I just need to figure out whats the correct vacuum setting for the TCI lockup control..... :roll:

This site really helped me out.....and it should be a sticky!
http://www.tvmadeez.com/article/index.php

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor