Swapping in vortec heads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart

Apprentice
May 26, 2015
I have an 80s gbody and I put a Chevy 350 in it and the engine has regular stock heads and intake but I bought a set of vortec heads vortec intake and wanted to know if the vortec lifters will work with the engine or if I need new self aligning lifters?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
You would need self aligning rocker arms...the lifters would be the same, either flat tappet or roller.
You could also go with studs and guide plates which would allow you to use regular rocker arms. That would involve pulling the existing studs and have the bosses surfaced and tapped for studs.

Stuart

Apprentice
May 26, 2015
Y
You would need self aligning rocker arms...the lifters would be the same, either flat tappet or roller.
You could also go with studs and guide plates which would allow you to use regular rocker arms. That would involve pulling the existing studs and have the bosses surfaced and tapped for studs.
oh excuse me I meant rockers sorry about that. But alright thank you! Just making sure I absolutely need them

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
You're welcome. I kind of figured that's what you meant...lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor