sway bars

Status
Not open for further replies.

denny

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2017
i cannot find the post where a member said he used a rear sway bar from a 95-2003 2door s-10 blazer 4x4 . was in the salvage yard today for another project when i noticed a 2003 2-door blazer and looked it over to see if it might fit my 1981 malibu. sway bar looked good and noticed it went over the pumpkin top. does anybody know if that sway bar will fit my malibu? i just cruise around the local roads here and would like to improve the rear a little. can't remember if it was a 4wd or not. thanks

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
  • Winner
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Has anyone else used this particular setup? I do recall Steve (PontiacGP) mentioned using a rear swaybar setup from a later series F-body. I think he also mentioned having to bend the ends of the bar...I don't quite recall.

ostrich

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I used a 3rd gen Camaro sway bar. Yes you have to heat the ends up and bend them straight. Then it mounts like the Blazer pics. Used the 3rd gen sway bar mounts & links. Used muffler clamps.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Has anyone else used this particular setup? I do recall Steve (PontiacGP) mentioned using a rear swaybar setup from a later series F-body. I think he also mentioned having to bend the ends of the bar...I don't quite recall.

I did use the F body rear sway bar from a GTA to match the GTA sway bar I have in the front. You are correct that I bent the ends of the bar in so I could use stock links mounted to the lower lip of the crossmenber. I have a 67 A body rear so I used 3" u-bolts with the stock hardware to mount the bar to the axle tubes. The G body axle tubes are narrower I think so I'm not sure what their diameter is. If the op is still running the stock G body front sway bar I would use the G body rear bar since the two bars were matched.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Are the F-body and Blazer bars the same, or similar in thickness?

Being that I'm using the 36mm front bar, it might not be a bad idea to use a matching rear bar as you suggested, Steve.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
  • Informative
Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thank you for that information and posting the link. That's very helpful. I got some reading up to do. ;)

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
I stepped up to the camaro rear bar also. using a hydraulic press at work i was able to straighten the ends.
i have pics, but am having trouble uploading them from my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor