System pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 24, 2018
Was wondering if it's normal to have pressure in the cooling system at all times? I haven't started my car in about a week and the radiator still had a lot of pressure. I have a SummitRacing electric pump. I haven't had any cooling problems while driving. Any opinions would be appreciated.

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
hmmmm, not sure. strictly speaking it is a sealed system and only opens to atmosphere when over-pressurized. what about the balance of the cooling system? radiator cap? thermostat?

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Yes, it's normal f your radiator/pressure cap doesn't leak and your system has no leaks and you aren't in cold weather.

That sentence has plenty of prerequisites, but you need to have each of the to experience what your experiencing. Usually caps leak over time and is the reason most systems won't hold pressure for a week.

Aug 24, 2018
how much pressure are you talking about?
Yes, it's normal f your radiator/pressure cap doesn't leak and your system has no leaks and you aren't in cold weather.

That sentence has plenty of prerequisites, but you need to have each of the to experience what your experiencing. Usually caps leak over time and is the reason most systems won't hold pressure
how much pressure are you talking about?
it wasn’t crazy pressure just a little. I’m wondering if it’s because I have one of those eBay overflow cans and now the original overflow tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor