T-top roof differences

Status
Not open for further replies.

halfgassed

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 29, 2014
Does any body know the differences/ interchangeability on the roofs/ttops of the various different gbodys? I'd also like to dig up some info on the interior trim pieces,
Example
Id like to convert my 85 monte carlo ss, that is a non t top car, to a ttop car. If I found a complete top off a cutlass/gn/regal/ would there be much difference between the models?
How about interior trim pieces?
Thanks
Matt

RustRocket

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
I'm pretty sure the T-Tops are interchangeable between models. The interior plastic trim might differ, but I'm pretty sure they're all relatively the same. Good question by the way

halfgassed

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 29, 2014
yeah Ive spent hours researching, but never get any solid answers. Guess I can be the internet guinea pig......... I do plan on starting a build thread soon as I finish my firewood pile,

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
Interior trim is all the same 78-88.
Roof skin is the same as well as the header/Apillar and T roof parts.
The only thing I am not 100% is the Bpillar area but I suspect its the same but the quarter skin needs to be removed.

gmparts

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2013
Hollander interchange states roof is different between the 81-8 g bodies. The windshield and back glass is the same, as well as the door glass. The only thing i can think of is around the opening of the quarter glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor