T-top seals 1988 Monte Carlo SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

TorK

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 26, 2014
Lensvik, Norway
Hi everybody! I have purchased new seals for my T-top (from Summitracing), and i try to figure how to dismantle/remove everything... Some owner before me has added some extra sealant, probably to fix, or prevent leaks- Now I am in trouble. How is everything constructed, how will it come apart? Some parts along the center post sits like "glued"...Are there some "secret fasteners" that are hard to see/find? Ant "how to-instructions" available out there? Drawings, pictures, videos? I live in Norway, Chevy dealers with knowledge are non-existing out here... Hoping to hear from you! Tips and tricks to install the new seals are also welcome!!;) Best regards, Tor

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
I was hoping someone would respond to this as I have to final seal my new seals too

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Removing stuff shouldn't be hard. It's the putting it back in. I basically would remove all old weatherstripping and glue remnants, then clean out all the channels and DRY FIT the new seals to ensure you have things in the right place before gluing down with 3M weatherstrip adhesive. This assumes you have no rust issues underneath waiting for you to extend that replacement procedure by a lot. This will be the ideal time to put those wooden tongue depressors you've seen in the doctor's exam room that you probably thought about taking home with you while waiting to see the doctor. Or did take home. Those fat popsicle sticks could come in handy working the lips of those T-top seals into their retainers.

This post below MAY give you some ideas of what you'll be getting into.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor