REGAL T-Type Grand National

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Do I need a lift kit or any type of moderation to make 24's fit? and what's the best tires for the smoother ride?
Yes, you will not fit 24s with the stock suspension.

No, you won't get anything close to a smooth ride on any 24s.

The bigger the rim, the smaller the side wall. Generally speaking, the lower profile/smaller sidewall the firmer and harsher the ride. By the time you get to a 24 your ride is going to be pretty harsh.

Because you fill so much of the wheelwell, you also have to limit suspension travel which further reduces the cushioning effect.

Aside from all that, it's your car to do what you want with, but, 24s are going to kill the performance aspects of a turbo v6 car and add extra strain on that trans.

Given how resale would be hurt after those mods, I wonder if selling the ttype/GN at a higher price then buying a base regal and investing the cash savings into all the suspension and appearance work you like isn't another option.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
Do I need a lift kit or any type of moderation to make 24's fit? and what's the best tires for the smoother ride?
Yes they can fit although it will be tight. Just got a e reputable custom shop. Do it right and you wont regret it. Also you will need a beefier rear end and a higher stall. You will also have to adjust the driveshaft so that it is not pinging when inclining etc.

1 RARE T

Master Mechanic
Jul 14, 2015
Please visit cars for sale section. For even contemplating such an abomination, you should sell immediately.

Now I have to say I’m just messing with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor