T-type hood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim & sleek

Apprentice
Apr 24, 2018
Fort Wayne, In
I bought A T-type hood from a gentleman last year went to put it on my car this year my car is an 81 when I put the hood on the body lines did not match the my front header the line was narrower then the header would that be a 78,79 hood? Sorry I didn't take a pix and also it only has one spot on right side for shock bracket and shock mounting

85ss/85gn

Master Mechanic
Jan 31, 2007
beaver dam,wi
The scoop on 78-79 are bigger than 81-87

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
I bought A T-type hood from a gentleman last year went to put it on my car this year my car is an 81 when I put the hood on the body lines did not match the my front header the line was narrower then the header would that be a 78,79 hood? Sorry I didn't take a pix and also it only has one spot on right side for shock bracket and shock mounting
Sorry for your misfortune with the hoods. I'm 99% sure you have the 1978-1980 Turbo hood, technically a "sport coupe hood" since T type's never came onto the scene for Regal until 1983. They actually used these hoods on the Century Turbos too. There defiantly is a market for it, and perhaps you could sell/swap it here with another member, but regardless, the hood wont line up unfortunately to your application.

Will

Tim & sleek

Apprentice
Apr 24, 2018
Fort Wayne, In
Hmmm…. I think I’ll have to pass for now. Not because I think your price is unreasonable, but because it’s more than I need to be spending at the moment for an extra hood.
I guess my question would be is what do you consider reasonable because I see these hoods going for twice that much for the 84 and up. I would think 2 year made hoods are harder to find

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor