T50 to T5 swap revisited

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
I know this doesn't apply to 99.9% of the Gbody community due to rarity but....

I found some info and online pics that show the external difference between the T50 and T5. Still no specifics but it's more info on the subject that I've been able to obtain in the past.
T5-T50 comparison.JPG
T5vT50overall.JPG

• Informative
  • Winner
Reactions: 2 users

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Don't know if there's any external dimension differences in the camaro V6 T5 ( which I wouldn't use ) and the camaro V8 T5 ( which I would use ).

Also don't know if there's any difference between a Gbody T50 ( which I obviously have ) and the Hbody T50 ( which was used for the above comparison ).

Last edited:

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
wow, i don't know where you found the info, but that is what i've been searching for.
in reference to the t5, the only external difference between camaro v6 and v8 trannies is the input shaft dimensions. the camaro v8 input shaft is 26 spline, i don't recall the diameter, and is approximately 5/8 shorter than the camaro v6.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Found info on an old Hbody forum. I had to become a member just to see the pics!

Hopefully this info comes in handy for anybody ( including myself ) doing this swap

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Hopefully this info comes in handy for anybody ( including myself ) doing this swap
this is very handy, I'm pursuing swapping my t50 with a camaro v6 t5 trans. i knew i would need a matching clutch disc but wasn't sure about the rest. it looks like i'll need a new pilot bearing, and adjust the trans mount on the crossmember. driveshaft and shifter location look like they would work out.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Get to work on it so you can inform me exactly what you had to do!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor