T56 elky, clutch pedal is too short

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali 556

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 22, 2020
Hi,
I'm about to buy an 85 elky with LM7 and a T56 from a GTO, my concern is that the clutch pedal is really really really short, i mean there is only 1" of engagement.

It has fbody upper clutch master, and GTO lower.

So what do you guys think?

From my analysis is that the lower slave is pressed to tight of the clutch plate, or do you guys think that the f body is too powerful of a master ?

Ali 556

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 22, 2020
the f body master is a 3/4" bore. Didn't they use a hydraulic throw out bearing?

To tell you the truth,

I've yet to pull trans and see what TB he used, according to the seller he "thinks" it's the GTO TB.

But even from inside the car, the clutch pedal travel is really short, is this a regular thing on g bodies?

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
But even from inside the car, the clutch pedal travel is really short, is this a regular thing on g bodies?

Mine has lots of pedal travel with the Malibu "Iraqi Taxi" pedal setup.
Guy

Ali 556

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 22, 2020
Found the answer, I just dropped the trans, swapped in the F body t' bearing and magic ! The pedal is high and the clutch release sooo good.

Are you guys interested in a build thread ? Cuz I'm gonna document it on YT.

Reactions: 4 users

Ali 556

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 22, 2020
I guess you bought it, then?

Ya, after inspection and examination of the car, it does have some nice parts, but the swap was done so poorly that the whole under the hood section needs a thorough rehaul.

Once I start working on it, i will post a build thread And an YT series.

Reactions: 1 users

Max Headroom

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2011
A thread would be good. When your done, I'll knit you a nice scarf for the winter.
Post lot's of pics. (I don't read so good.)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Found the answer, I just dropped the trans, swapped in the F body t' bearing and magic ! The pedal is high and the clutch release sooo good.

Are you guys interested in a build thread ? Cuz I'm gonna document it on YT.
Definitely.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor